2415 Ave U, Ste. 2R,
Brooklyn, NY 11229


(718) 769-6352

Home About Our Firm Attorney Profile Practice Area Overview Testimonials Resource Links Contact Us
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» E-2 Visa Treaty Investors
Untitled Document

E-2 Visa Treaty Investors

The E-2 visa is issued to individuals known as 'treaty investors'. A treaty investor is defined as a national of a country with which the United States maintains a treaty of commerce and navigation.

You should be coming to the U.S. to partake in a substantial investment. Your investment may be less than that demanded for the EB-5 ($500,000). However, if the investment becomes equal or greater than $500,000, you may petition for permanent immigration status.

Your spouse and/opr children under the age of 21 may accompany you under E-2 status. Your employees may also be eligible for the E-2 Visa.

Application Document Requirements:

  • A filled-in visa application Form OF-156.
  • One recent photograph 1 & 1/2 inches square (37mm x 37mm) of each applicant, with the entire face visible. The picture should be taken before a light background and without head covering.
  • A passport, valid for travel to the United States for at least six months longer than your intended visit.
  • Documents that establish that your cmpany is owned by foreign nationals.
  • A letter from your employer detailing your position and stating that you possess highly specialized skills
  • Your company meets the requirements of the law.
  • The trade is substantial; there should be a continuous flow of trade between the U.S. and the treaty country.
  • You intend to leave the U.S. after the validity date of the E-2 Visa.
  • You have invested a 'substantial' amount.
  • The investment must be active.
  • The future prospects for the investment.
  • Other documents that establish your eligibility for the E-2 Visa.
Note: There is no petitioning process for the E categories. E-nonimmigrant classification is granted through an application process. If outside of the U.S., the alien may apply for an E-1 visa on his or her own behalf directly to a U.S. consular office abroad http://usembassy.state.gov. If the alien is inside the U.S., the Form I-129 and E supplement is used to apply for a change of status, extension of stay, or change of employment. Applications for E-2 status may be filed only at the Texas or California Service Centers. However, if an alien currently in E-2 status is requesting a change of status to another nonimmigrant classification, the application for change of status must be mailed to one of the four USCIS Service Centers with jurisdiction over the new requested classification.
» US Immigration Work Visas
  Business Visitors
J-1 Waiver
  Seasonal Workers
  Religious Workers
L-1 Blanket
Visa Trainees
TN Visa - Canada
  Canada - Free Trade NAFTA Professional
Third Country National Visa
Intra-company transferees
TN Visa - Mexico
  Mexico - Free Trade NAFTA Professional
  Religious Workers
  Intra-company transferees
  Persons in a Specialty Occupation
  Cultural Exchange
  Extraordinary Ability 
  Exchange Visitors
  Artists or Entertaines
  Support Staff of O-1 
  Spouses and Children of J-1 visa holders
  Treaty Traders
  Athletes or Entertaines 
  Intra-company transferees
  Treaty Investors
Artists or Entertaines
  Spouses and Children of L-1 visa holders
H-1B 1 Visa
  Specialty Occupations
  Visa Revalidation
  Irish Nationals
H-1B 2 Visa
  Research and Development Project
Change of Status
  Registered Nurses
Extension of Stay
Agricultural workers
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.