2415 Ave U, Ste. 2R,
Brooklyn, NY 11229


(718) 769-6352

Home About Our Firm Attorney Profile Practice Area Overview Testimonials Resource Links Contact Us
Forums FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
» How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization?
How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization

How Do I Obtain Certified True Copies of a Certificate of Naturalization?

When a naturalized US citizen needs to have a Certificate of Naturalization “authenticated” by the U.S. State Department for use by Foreign Governments/Embassies, USCIS can copy the document and certify it as a true copy. “Authentication” is a term used by the U.S. Department of State and other Governments to describe what USCIS refers to as Certified True Copies. When you require a Certificate of Naturalization to be authenticated, be sure to use the term "Certified True Copy."


If you have the original document to be certified, you must make an appointment with your local USCIS office by using the InfoPass Appointment Scheduler on our website. When you go to your appointment, be sure to bring your original naturalization certificate and a copy of it. Also bring another form of photo identification, such as a drivers license or passport. A USCIS officer will review the documents and may certify the copy, if the officer can confirm your identity and status as a naturalized citizen.

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, will provide Certified True Copies and return these along with the supplied documentation to the requester. USCIS cannot act as an agent of the U.S. Department of State by accepting fees on behalf of other government agencies, or forwarding documentation to any other government agency. All documentation coming from a requester, along with any documentation supplied by the Department of Homeland Security, will be returned to the requester.

To obtain the services of the U.S. Department of State, Authentication Office, you should use one of the following methods:

Write to:

United States Department of State, Authentication Office

518 23rd Street, NW
Sa-1 Columbia Plaza
Washington, DC 20520


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.0 RC2

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.